Decoupled energy and power densities
Large scale energy storage system applications
All-vanadium redox flow batteries (VRFBs) are the most promising large scale energy storage systems for kW- to MW-scale grid applications.
The energy capacity of the system scales with the volume of tanks, whilst the rated power is determined by the electrode area.
· High performance electrode materials
· Electrocatalysts to improve the electrode performance
· Electrolytes stable at high temperatures
· Ion-selective, durable and cost-effective membranes
· Stack designs for large scale applications